The numbers of mobile websites are increasing and it’s clear that mobile web is increasing in importance. I’m told that smartphones will soon outnumber laptop and desktop computers. I use my mobile browser daily.
Are you planning on making a mobile-optimized version of your site? Here is a list of considerations.
1. Make a small or light-version of your site.
2. Make images smaller, optimize the page structure.
3. Remove the flash and Java because many phones don’t support it.
4. Watch file sizes – websites exceeding one megabyte per page are painful over a wireless connection.
5. Don’t skip on the content or your site will be worthless.